Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My four year relationship with an M16A1 was enough "tactical" to get me through the rest of my life.

I like .260s and I'm a vet. If your four years were enough "tactical," are the 2 ARs and 2 cases of SKSs "strategic?"

Your parents generation had their rights stripped by the NFA because politicians wanted to look pro-active during the age of motorized bandits and bootleg gangsters. and you were brought up on TV and movies that suggested only bad people used such devices.

Such attitudes can lead to more Draconian legislation, like, say, green tip 5.56 for your ARs being verboten.

Don't buy a suppressor if you don't want one, sir.

I traded for one of the ARs with a member here back in 2010, it is a DPMS Sportical, and the other is an A2 parts gun with a Plum Crazy $129 lower and an upper that I bought from a member here, also in 2010. The SKS are left over from the early 1990s when you could buy NIB Norinco SKS for $50 or $60 per unit if you bought them by the case, so I drove to Minneapolis and picked up three cases from Bill Hicks.

It seems to me that regulations that keep criminals from easy access to fully automatic firearms is a good thing. I'm not a Class III dealer, so I don't deal in fully automatic firearms, have no desire to deal in them, and have never gone to the trouble of learning the ins and outs of them.