Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Fast and Furious was obviously a mistake, but the exception, rather than the rule. I don't claim to have any expertise regarding the issue of fully automatic firearms and the fact that they are tightly controlled under current law is irrelevant to me 'cause I have no desire to own a fully automatic firearm.

As I understand it, under current law, anybody who can pass the background checks and pay the associated costs can own a fully automatic firearm unless that ownership is proscribed by local law. Where I live, there are no restrictions, so no hurdle that I can't pass.

Ahh, the old "I dont like those guns, so I dont care what happens to them" argument. Like I said earlier, gun owners like you have done more damage to our rights than any gun control organization.

Just to clarify, you feel that a tax, background check, and the permission of a local law enforcement head is not an infringement on the rights enumerated in the Second Amendment? How do you feel about high capacity magazines, concealed carry permits, or waiting periods?

Last edited by liliysdad; 03/10/15.