Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If you talk to a Class III dealer, he/she can probably help you purchase an M4.

No, pretty sure he couldn't help me with a select fire M4. No full auto firearm can be owned by civilians that was made after 1986, and the M4 I think came out in 1994.

Back when I was "just a hunter", I didn't bother with the NRA because 95% of their talk back then was about handguns, and I didn't care about handguns. And nobody was ever going to pass laws that would impact with my hunting....

Then California bans lead ammo, and other states consider it. EPA is itching to do that same ban nationwide and has floated the possibility publicly. ATF starts planning on banning all metal ammunition which can be fired from any pistol --> and there are pistols that shoot pretty much any rifle cartridge.

It literally is a world where gun owners need to band together and stop ALL encroachment on anything.

First because none of the encroachment has ever helped crime rates.
Second because the encroachment never ends.

Below is a chart of Nebraska crime rate with all "gun control" policies that were intended to lower crime. If anybody can make a correlation to any of them actually lowering crime, I'd like to hear it.

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com