As long as the military has full auto weapons, so will anyone who has lot of money. The trouble with making it illegal for criminals that fully intend on killing others is that these criminals have no fear of the law. If a drug dealer is making 10 million dollars a year on his importing of cocaine. He will be armed along with his employees with the most sophisticated guns available. Joe the plumber is spending his money on his kids and saving for retirement. He doesn't have $10,000 for a M16.
I don't know how many armories there are in this country or others. But if I offered $100,000 for a M16, I'd get it and almost anywhere in the world, I'd get it. When I was in the Marines I was on guard duty at Camp Pendleton. Somone broke into one of our armories and stole M-16's. The thieves may have sold them for an extra-ordinary amount of money or they used it themselves or for their employers. Having strict gun laws only benefits these people as they will have guns and the law abiding often won't due to the high cost and due to the hassle of going through the fed's.
The people who obey the laws won't pay that much since people don't have the resources that criminals do. Drug traffickers make insane amounts of money.
So, a dreamer with no contact with common sense or reality (AKA Democrats) thinks that what a wonderful world this would be if there were no killings anymore and then comes up with the idea, hey lets not let others have guns and we'll pass laws that will stop the killings.
The sad thing is laws only regulate those who are willing to follow laws.
This is a concept that is too difficule for just plain idiots.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/10/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally