Originally Posted by Calhoun
Jeff, have you compared what the prices of full auto firearms were before the 1986 ban and what they are now? That price increase was fully intended, and is a block to more people being able to own a full auto firearm.

And I would like to buy a fully automatic M4. Please tell me how I can do that?

And, yes, we have the handgun permit. But did you know that if you place the national crime rate up against the Nebraska crime rate, that the handgun permit for Nebraska shows no significant drop in crime compared to the rest of the country?

So why have the freaking handgun permit process, if it provably doesn't help reduce crime?

I've never priced a fully automatic firearm 'cause I have no interest in owning one.

If you talk to a Class III dealer, he/she can probably help you purchase an M4. Price is often a hurdle when making a purchase, regardless of what you're seeking to purchase. A Kia costs less than a Porsche, a Ruger RAR cost less than a Forbes, etc., etc. I believe that there is a Class III dealer in either Ralston or LaVista.

The zip code that I live in doesn't have any violent crime, so nothing I could or would do would make any difference.