Rory,

You live about as close to me and any other 24HCF member and you and I can both own any class of firearm we want. If there is any restriction in Nebraska, it is the handgun purchase law that requires a resident to obtain a handgun purchase permit. You go to the county sheriff's office, fill out a form, pay $10 for three years, and if you pass the cursory background check you walk out with your permit. It is a restriction, but hardly an onerous restriction.

I have long thought that a national firearms purchase permit, a Federal version of the Nebraska handgun purchase permit, would make buying a firearm easier for everyone involved, both the buyers and the sellers.

EDIT: I am frequently reminded that most people don't care about issues that don't directly impact them. Reference the futility that is represent by the Omaha Public Schools. If the movers and shakers in Omaha cared about the low academic performance by a large portion of the OPS student population, the resources necessary to boost performance would be found and changes implemented.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 03/10/15. Reason: Added OPS comment