Originally Posted by Steelhead
I know, a WHOLE bunch of Yankee 'conservatives'. I've met my fair share of them.

They think because the hunt 2 days a year that they are conservatives. They just happen to be the leper with the most fingers.

Funny... I've spent enough time in different parts of the country to know that there are those everywhere who take big brother and his "gifts" of safety & security for granted.

of course to call oneself conservative all he has to do is find one person more liberal than himself. That ain't hard, whether you're north or south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Conservatism, as in the system of thought, is a little bit more complicated than that. Lucky you're far enough south to be able to skip over such complexities.

Fact is, there are an awful lot of people content to let the gov't "protect" them whether that be from some faceless rich capitalists, criminals here, or dark-skinned hate mongers across the sea. No matter the justification it just makes the gov't more powerful, and the people more dependent upon it for daily sustainance.

As Ben Franklin said, anyone who'd give up his freedom for security deserves neither.