Unfortunately, no. The dealer would guarantee one with the ID tag under the buttplate for an extra $20 but I decided to gamble on it. I did pay extra for a hand picked "best of 10" where they will look over 10 rifles and pick the best one cosmetically and make sure it came with a sling. I also asked for a walnut stock which I got, they switched to beech sometime in the mid to late 40's. Exterior condition is really good for military surplus, dings and dents but the finish is in good shape, light years ahead of my M24/47 and a 1915 Swede 96, and the wood is a nice piece of walnut. Apparently most K31's have the butt area torn up badly from the ice crampons Swiss soldiers slung over their shoulders but this one seems to have escaped that fate for the most part.

Have been getting interested in these old military surplus rifles even though the prices are rising and the availability is decreasing at increasing rates on both sides of that equation. I buy these as shooters, not lookers, and the K31 has a reputation as a strong action with excellent accuracy and that bolt operation appealed to my southpaw affliction.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!