The Mojo sight arrived yesterday so I installed it last night and it was a chore to put it mildly. All you have to do is drive out the pin holding the original sight on, that was easy, and then push the pin back through the sight holder and Mojo - that was a royal pain! Those Swiss used some extra special kind of steel in the leaf spring under the sight, that's for sure. shocked This is the third Mojo I've installed. The M24/47 and Swede 96 only needed thumb pressure to get the sight lined up but I had to use my biggest pair of channel lock pliers and a little jury rigged pusher to get the sight holes lined up on the K31 and get that pin back in.

But now that it's on it's a definite improvement in sight picture. I'm almost curious why the European armies never caught on to a peep sighted rifle, even when it's mounted out on the barrel. Could be they figured it would get plugged up with mud which is certainly likely.

The range is closed for a BPCR match this weekend but I can probably get out for a couple of hours in the late afternoon when they're done to try it out. Have used IMR4895, RE-15 and H4350 with the Hornady 150 Spire Point and so far it looks like RE-15 will be the way to go. It got right up to 2800 fps with the lowest ES of the three powders.

The more I play with this rifle the more I like it. Actually, the more I play with these old mil-surps the more I like them. As the saying goes, "they just don't make'em like that anymore". Even the Yugo, which is crude in comparison to the Swede 96 and Swiss K31, is a solid piece of steel and wood. Don't know why, but I get as much if not more pleasure whacking a 12" steel gong at 200 yards from the kneeling position with these than shooting tiny groups with a custom barreled, accurized and scope sighted modern rifle.

P.S. You can add an original Winchester 1895 .30-GOV'T-06 to that list of really fun to shoot rifles as well. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!