Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That is a really neat conversion and about as pretty as one can make that action look.

I want to ask if the bullets go faster by pushing that throttle forward harder... wink

Jim,

Almost. The last portion of forward travel causes the lugs to rotate into the locked position. If the bolt is closed too gently the rotation may be incomplete and the rifle won't fire, even though everything looks correct visually.

A smart rap on the back of the bolt knob with the heel of the hand acts exactly like the bolt assist on an M-16 in insuring that the bolt is fully locked and firing is assured.

The K31 action is designed very strong and intended to be operated quite forcefully. This is proper design philosophy for a combat arm intended for rugged use.

My throttle knob is epoxied on, so I think it is as strong as the rest of the mechanism.

As a kid, even though I didn't know what it meant, I always liked the expression, "Balls to the wall." I guess I thought it had a dirty connotation, or something. Shame on me. wink

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra