that is a very well done rifle.
Cheapest by the way i think i ever paid, if not mentioned before, was about 69bucks.
Just so you know how bad it gets, at one time i had a vision of getting a k31 in every year they were made. My wife would have used one of them to shoot me probably.
Some of those yugo mausers you mentioned are pretty good deals. At first they were using surplus german K98 recievers, later their own. But the SKS and AK came in after the big war, so a lot of the mausers went into reserve. I think from memory about every seven years they were degunked from the cosmo as a test, then put back. Tearing some of them apart i have seen some that all parts are numbered to the gun. They would come with a leather ammo pouch, cleaning kit, bayonet, oiler and sling. Basically brand new rifles.
The earlier K31's had oak stocks as i remember, the later ones birch. You can steam the dents out, and refinish them with the right colors. I would have to look but rather than reforming brass from another caliber i think i got a couple of sacks from starline. I do have a friend that has saved the berdan primed brass with the idea of reloading it sometime

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/04/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO