Thanks for load information Mule Deer - GP11 ammo has been so accurate for me that I've been lazy on working up any loads for it. Even went to the trouble of removing the primers from the GP11 brass and getting berdan primers. Seems to be an issue with either primer hole depth, primer "thickness" or both because when I seat the primers they are considerably (I know this is scientific and helpful terminology) below the brass causing inconsistent ignition? I do have some boxer primed brass but being the person I am I hate to throw such good brass out (and I have a literal pile of it)! I really need to get a load with expanding bullets as I would like to hunt with it.

Great story 260Remguy....there is another often told story centered around this rifle on one of the Swiss forums (and I probably have it twisted a bit) but it is something about a Swiss General was asked by a visiting German military officer what would his 250,000 men do if the Germans invaded with 500,000 men? He thought for a moment and replied “Shoot twice.” They do seem proud of their country and this rifle (I would be proud of this rifle too if I were Swiss and I still am being Irish laugh ).

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 03/19/15.