Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
As tough as an MMA fighter or pro boxer may be, they are not trained or practiced in lethal techniques. They practice a sport and those sports by necessity dis-allow lethal techniques.

If a fight last longer than two strikes you have done it wrong.

IMHO, MMA skills would be very useful in hand-to-hand combat. I found it significant that the article valued wrestling skills so highly in hand-to-hand scenarios. Whereas I notice Hollywood tends to like to focus on striking. Its worth remembering too that even a world class athlete can only go full-out for about a minute. As an example, folk style wrestling is extremely demanding. Wrestlers are the most fit, and over-trained athletes in existence. But even in college wrestling, there is a significant amount of periodic inactivity or relatively low levels extreme exertion as the wrestlers set-up takedowns or position to execute an escape move. It is extremely taxing for even a superbly conditioned collegiate wrestler to exert himself full-go for a take-down or an escape for even as little as one minute.

My .02 worth.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 04/17/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.