Originally Posted by blueeyes
JCM: For the last ten yrs. in Corrections I was a Firearms Instructor; Well versed in the use of the four firearms used by the Dept. I first carried a .40 cal. G-35 w/G27 B/U. Now I choose a Series 80 SS and still carry the G27 in a GALCO SOB.
With 15 years in the prison environment, one learns to read body language, and the same goes for the street. Not always on top of everything, but when I go to the city, it's with my neighbor and we watch each other's back. Cols. is not getting any better, and I'm ALWAYS in Condition Orange/Red when on the street. With a loose outer shirt the IWB/Gov't model is virtually undetectable.
SHERP: You can't just go 'round pulling your sidearm whenever you feel threatened and I'm damned sure not going to jeopardize losing my Peace Officer certification doing something like that, but as I said earlier...If immediate threat is eminent I will react accordingly.

No doubt being able to read body language is a big plus. Having a friend and even bigger plus. Being ready to go is good.

Still think it's a tough job to get a concealed gun drawn if attacked by a skilled person who is close enough to touch you and expecting you to try to draw. Probably 1/2 the guys I train with are in law enforcement. I need to see if they have a fake gun/holster, and spend some time testing my theory.