Originally Posted by ribka
I used to be a defensive tactics instructor and am prior military.

As part of our training now we do a lot of on the ground grappling, weapons retention, red man scenarios. Usually have a at least a few injuries in our group after training. Training is conducted at about 50-60% otherwise too many injuries.

I used to wrestle in HS and college. I can maybe go a minute thirty now on a good ( age 52) of all out grappling, fighting before I feel like puking out my guts.

Fighting when you're tired, fatigued or after being punched in the face a few times adds a good element to the training. I see some people will just give up and curl into a ball after being punched kicked a few good times.

Oh and I have no illusions that I can go toe to toe with a guy in good shape trained in MMA in his 20'3 or 30's. I know that I most likely will get my ass kicked. Quite a few in the criminal element are part of the MMA culture and good police departments are training for that.
a lot of good points in there.
criminals want to play MMA, shoot the SOBs. Go for my weapon, you will die, your choice.

But obviously if a weapon is empty then you have no other choice....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....