I have no doubt you saw what you saw cfran. But the plain, simple truth is you fooled yourself. You set the Leupold on 5X and the Swaro on 6X. Surprise, you saw a significant difference. So would I. Barsness has tested both many times. Set on the same actual magnification and using brand new scopes, he's found the Leupold's brighter. Just like the lab tests.
Same thing with Stubby. He ignores Barsness's results because he has seen the difference. But even Swaro and Leupold admit that there is at least a .3X difference between them. What the actual difference is can only be guess at. He ignores this because he doesn't understand how these things work and why. He's fully convinced that the next time he runs into that special buck during the last 15 mins of light, he will prevail simply because he has a "brighter" scope. Little does he realize that he probably has a partial loss of his night vision which no rifle scope can help. That's why guys like JJHack and I can see at night what he cannot see during twilight. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 08/27/06.