I am finally working on accuracy for the 6.5SLR. It starts with a Weatherby Mark V six lug action (26oz.). Add a Pac-Nor 26" 8"twist barrel that matches the factory contour (I forgot it weight. After waiting for the 'smith to flute it I told, "I want the barrel even if you haven't fluted it." (So it's not fluted. That would have taken another three ounces off.) Also a Proof Research stock with a Weatherby cheek piece added(22 oz.). The stock ends with a Mico-Cell 1.26" recoil pad (2.9 oz.) The trigger is a Timney (2 oz) set at 20 ounces. Because I ran out of windage adjustment with the Talley's (2.5oz) I am using Burris Signatures (5 oz) with a +20 in one side of the rear and a -20 in the other side of the rear oriented vertically in the rings. The front ring has a -10 in the bottom and a +10 in the top. With this setup it The Swarovski z5 5-25X52 (18.1 oz) is sighted in at 300 with the scope reticle centered! How cool is that?! One of our .com friends posted, "You just can't fix stupid!" referring to all the trouble I have the the Swarovski and still keep trying use it. It's only been back three or four times. Maybe this time. blush

The other is waiting for a brake. It starts with a Pierce titanium acton (20oz), with a Timney attached (2 oz) set at 20 ounces. Next is a Christian Arms barrel (made from a McGowen blank) 26" 8" twist. The stock came from MPI in Portland, Oregon. They made it especially light and added the Weatherby cheek shape (20 oz). Later the 'smith added the the 1.26" Micro-Cell recoil pad and inletted the stock and bedded the action; bringing the weight to 28 ounces. I added Talley 34mm! rings and installed a Leupold VX-6 4-24X52 (22.8 0z).

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter