[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got a Krieger 300WinMag barrel for $103 off ebay that someone must have Paid Krieger $450 for it and then cut 1/2-24 threads on the muzzle. Muzzle threads are normally 1/2-28 or 5/8-24, so that mistake must be why they scrapped the barrel. I can make muzzle breaks for covers to fit 1/2-24, but I did not have a post 64 M70 action lying around to fit the breech threads. I do have Mosin Nagant actions. So I cut the threads for that.

The action is a 1939 that I got for $80 at a gunshow in 2006. It had a rotten stock and barrel, but the action, being pre WWII, has an inner stop ring, like a 98 Mauser.
The 300 Win Mag is too long for the acton. I can get it to feed by opening and lengthening the magazine, but it will not eject unfired ammo. I cannot open the ejection port as both the front and rear are camming surfaces for the bolt. So I drill a hole in the rear of the receiver and make an ejector over ride button. It is a little cumbersome, but I can unload the gun after I do this mod.

I use ATI scope mounts with two 10-32 holes, but then I make a third hole and countersink. The mount is designed for drilling and tapping without pulling the barrel. I pull the barrel, so I have have another screw supporting the cantilevered Aluminum Weaver mount. You can see a hole I have drilled and tapped into the receiver right over the barrel threads. These can be had for $30 delivered if you can find the offered without the hoakie screw on bolt handle:
http://www.amazon.com/Mosin-Nagant-Scope-Mount-5-10-2281/dp/B005MR66WC/

It looks like my brother TIG welded the bolt for me. Maybe the late Randy Ketchum. My TIG welding is not good enough yet for bolt handles.

Timney triggers for Mosin Nagant rifles are ~ $100. Not only are they adjustable down to 2 pounds, but they provide a safety. After 120 years, that rifle design finally got a decent safety:)

I got the rosewood tip stock off ebay for $93 in 2005.

The front pillar I designed also acts as more recoil lug for the 300WinMag. I load the 300WinMag hotter than published loads, and it kicks hard.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps