Originally Posted by Cabriolet
Originally Posted by TC1
BRNO did that to all the G33/40's. It was done to reduce weight. The G33/40 was designed as a mountain carbine and is of the nicest Mil-Surp's to come out of that war.

They fetch mega bucks in original condition these days.

Thanks. Guess I should read more! I have dozens of M98's in various configurations but have never seen a G33/40. But I do live under a rock.

I think that the G33-40 carbines were actually made in Germany; the Brno production were VZ-33s.

In any case, as always, Terry's concepts and taste in fine rifles is beyond exquisite and I slaver over every one he shows us.

I have a Brno ZG polished receiver action, 3-pos. installed and may buy a Dressels trigger for this one; it will get a Benchmark or Jury sts tube, 9,3x62 at 21" and REcknagel irons, Talley QDs and a MPI handle. It is to be my backpacking rifle and will be Cerakoted.

I have coming a minty Parker-Hale Hussar, .308NM, will strip for the factory modded short mag. action and get a STS .338 tube, sights and mounts as above and maybe a Canadian Wildcat carbon stock. This, will be my last .338WM, a dream rifle for 30+ years and will be MY GUN......

Then, I still have two Brno 21H actions to build on and am not certain what to do.