24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: " Civill War" , anyone seen it yet? The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Saw trailer, read reviews, gonna pass.

First off, Texas and California vs the rest of the US.

“Apolitical” with a Trump like President in the White House.

They’re trying to get from NYC to DC.

The Director is a Brit.

Steely-eyed female reporter is the hero.

I got no use for this movie.
Alex Jones says the liberal black female reporter is the hero for killing a Trump-like president in the White House, after the forces she was with defeated the Secret Service. Seems like a left wing revenge flick.
22 1,842 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Strop10
Offiver Schimmel's active imagination in written form.

https://www.facebook.com/share/WXnLysRPzyqxEaJo/?mibextid=xfxF2i

He's not fit to patrol an ant farm. What an a s s h o l e.

The question now is where is he slapping on a new uniform tomorrow.
423 29,751 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? Just a Hunter 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've never been a fan of the 284 case. I don't like the related rim and it's too long to work well in a short action with high bc bullets.

I have a 3" mag box on my 7-08 fieldcraft and it's great feeding and has enough mag box for me to run 180 eldms at 2550 fps with 1/2 moa accuracy from its 18.5" barrel. They just fit and feed well. Not too fat to get 5 rounds in and you never miss hitting the rim to pick up another round.

As much as I like it I'm still looking at the Creedmoor case thinking it could do the same thing better.

For a short action it's 7-08, for a standard long action like ruger or mauser it's 7x57, and for a rem 3.6" length long action its 280 rem for me. All with 7 twist barrels please. Although I'm currently using 280 AI when I build again I'm going to go plain 280. I had a 700 KS stainless in 280 and it was as close to perfect for me as I've had. I should have kept it and rebarreled it in a dup contour 8 twist at 22".

For 7 mags my favorite is still the 7 wsm but I'm really liking my 7 prc and have high hopes for my latest element in 28 nosler. It'll break 3000 fps with 180s from its 22" tube with moderate loads that cycle easy and are easy on brass. I've typically been one to always run things just a hair under max but brass life is good on moderate loads. I still run enough pressure for a clean consistent load.

Bb

I have thought of the 7 PRC too, but then read of all the problems getting the advertised velocity (at least in factory loads.) The 6.8 Western doesn't seem to have the same problem and thought of that one also. But I have several calibers and am hoping to keep from getting a new one if possible.
53 6,555 more...
IC B2
Re: Does Advertising Work on You CashisKing 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Yes, advertising works on me. While I seldom watch commercial television, when I do, I try to be very "DEI" aware. Specifically "I" - Inclusion. I make mental notes to NOT BUY anything represented in a commercial that does not include a straight white male in a non-subservient role... "Inclusion" cuts both ways...

BINGO...
88 4,825 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Illinois deer hunting rifle calibers allowed Papag 04/21/24
I used a Scout 44 mag last year. I chose it over my Henry 357 and NEF 45-70.
Illinois is noted for big deer and politicians with small brains.
29 2,762 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Radio on the tractor? RIO7 04/21/24
I have a healthy dislike for Tractors and Farming, but have 5 John Deere's all with radios, when we are putting up hay you can hear the Mexican Music for a Miles. Rio7
7 723 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
Senile old man screams "Don't" 878761 OldmanoftheSea 04/21/24
X
0 127 more...
Re: Catfish Bait stxhunter 04/21/24
Swimps
55 3,292 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Tikka T1X-T3-T3X Reduced Trigger Pull Springs cznut 04/21/24
TTT
726 63,032 more...
Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
A little while back I planted eggplant seeds in my raised box bed. I took three or four seeds and stuffed them down a few inches in four spots in the box, then watered every morning. Now each spot has multiple sprouts coming up in bunches. Do I choose one to keep in each spot and clip the rest? Do I wait to do this till the first real leaves develop, or leave them all alone? Thanks.
34 2,255 more...
IC B3
Re: 22 creedmoor Charlie-NY 04/21/24
26 3,396 more...
Re: WTS - 338 & 375 bullets JoshK 04/21/24
How many 338 /180 gr do you have?
5 593 more...
Re: FS Williams Fool Proof Receiver Sight PHWILLIE 04/21/24
btt
16 1,254 more...
Re: FS Hornady Cam Lock Bullet Puller NIB dye7barrel 04/21/24
Every reloader needs one of these. Great tool.
3 393 more...
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? Just a Hunter 04/21/24
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
How would the .284 feed from the Tikka's magazine? Would it have to be modified?

Feeds perfect from standard long action plastic mags. Just ask those that have actually done it.

That's what I am hoping for. You have done it then with good success?
53 6,555 more...
Re: eaten by cannibals that would be a bad way to go Rock Chuck 04/21/24
There are some recorded incidents of Japs eating captives in WWII.

Chichijima incident

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Chichijima incident (also known as the Ogasawara incident) occurred in late 1944. Japanese soldiers killed eight American airmen on Chichi Jima, in the Bonin Islands, and cannibalized five of them.

Incident
Nine American pilots escaped from their planes after being shot down during bombing raids on Chichijima, a tiny island 700 miles (1,100 km) south of Tokyo, in September 1944. Eight of the airmen, Lloyd Woellhof, Grady York, James "Jimmy" Dye, Glenn Frazier Jr., Marvell "Marve" Mershon, Floyd Hall, Warren Earl Vaughn, and Warren Hindenlang were captured and eventually executed. The ninth, and only one to evade capture, was future U.S. President George H. W. Bush, also a 20-year-old pilot.[1]

After the war, it was discovered that the captured airmen had been beaten and tortured before being executed. The airmen were beheaded on the orders of Lt Gen. Yoshio Tachibana.[2] Japanese officers then ate parts of the bodies of four of the men.[3][4]

Trials
Tachibana, alongside 11 other Japanese personnel, were tried in August 1946 in relation to the execution of U.S. Navy airmen, and the cannibalism of at least one of them, during August 1944. Because military and international law did not specifically deal with cannibalism, they were tried for murder and "prevention of honorable burial".[5]: 86 

This case was investigated in 1947 in a war crimes trial, and of the 30 Japanese soldiers prosecuted, four officers (including Lieutenant General Tachibana,[5][6] Major Matoba, and Captain Yoshii) were found guilty and hanged. All enlisted men and Probationary Medical Officer Tadashi Teraki were released within eight years.[6]

Vice Admiral Mori Kunizo, who commanded Chichi-Jima air base at the time of the incident, was of the belief that consumption of human liver had medical benefits. He was initially sentenced to life imprisonment for his involvement in the incident. However, after his subordinates were convicted of slaughtering prisoners during their time on the Southern Front, he was sentenced to death and subsequently hanged in a separate trial organized by the Netherlands for war crimes committed in the Dutch East Indies.[7]

Book
Main article: Flyboys: A True Story of Courage
In the best-selling book Flyboys: A True Story of Courage, American author James Bradley details several instances of cannibalism of World War II Allied prisoners by their Japanese captors.[8] Bradley claims that this included not only ritual cannibalization of the livers of freshly killed prisoners, but also the cannibalization-for-sustenance of living prisoners over the course of several days, amputating limbs only as needed to keep the meat fresh.[9]
34 2,931 more...
Re: Battery Post "Grease" stxhunter 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Nykki
Copper anti seize,been using it for years.
lol, that chit gets on everything.
36 3,009 more...
Re: Its meme time Squidge 04/21/24
78,354 14,668,196 more...
Re: Jamaican Lottery Scam 12344mag 04/21/24
Originally Posted by cra1948
How do people dumb enough to fall for this schitt accumulate hundreds of thousands of dollars?

In the case of my buddies mom the old man made it all, his mom called him to tell him the good news and he was able to put a stop to it all. It just cost him a hell of a lot of time on the phone.

But yeah, I wonder the same thing.
15 1,013 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Does a 25-06 need a 25” to 26” barrel? Dubiedog 04/21/24
My 1st year production 700 wears a Shilen 24" stainless #5 in 25-06. I've been a fan of the cartridge for many years and think it's a top choice when it comes to light recoil, trajectory and killing ability. A 24" barrel is my preference, but a 26" is also nice if the balance is to your liking.
37 5,517 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Sightron S1 g2 vs Burris Fullfield IV Deere_Man 04/21/24
You can still get a tried and true Burris Fullfield II off of Amazon. But the Sightron is a nice scope too. For $160, the FF2 seems like a better deal.
7 882 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
Made up stories 878761 OldmanoftheSea 04/21/24
X
0 82 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
What do I have here. JMUPT 04/21/24
I picked this rifle up at a local auction. I was thinking it is a Remington 700 FS. The rifle is chambered in 35 Whelen, stock is similar to my 700 KS but in camo pattern, metal is Matte black, barrel is drilled and tapped for sights.

From what info I could find I didn't see where Remington chambered the 35 Whelen in the FS model. Is it a FS or is it a restocked rifle. If restocked what woukd the original model be?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
5 595 more...
Re: Does Advertising Work on You Orion2000 04/21/24
Yes, advertising works on me. While I seldom watch commercial television, when I do, I try to be very "DEI" aware. Specifically "I" - Inclusion. I make mental notes to NOT BUY anything represented in a commercial that does not include a straight white male in a non-subservient role... "Inclusion" cuts both ways...
88 4,825 more...
Re: Battery Post "Grease" CashisKing 04/21/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What are those felt washers I see on the battery posts?

Wabi... Just drink the battery acid and STFU...

Your stick is played...
36 3,009 more...
Page 554 of 577 1 2 552 553 554 555 556 576 577
AX24

633 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,603
Posts18,473,675
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.