im not set up for customer convienence or to be a hospitality service. and its not really about shooting. its about being at my home and relaxing with friends. if im too inconvienient, well there ya have it. im not worth the trip i guess.
tomon, what you may have missed was, it was my home. its not a shooting facility. but i think you know that because i met you.
its not every day someone opens their home up to strangers, but i do. and its not every day the host(a retired pro,) teaches for free on his personal range either.
if coming out to my place is too hard for any of you, then youre coming for the wrong reason. its suppose to be about visiting a friend who invites you to his home to shoot.
and its a place where all of you get to see each other and have a good time with guns on a cheap dime. i keep it cheap because i know you all are spending good coin just to get here.
as far as being in vanzant so far out in the sticks killing the shoot....sorry, its what 1/2 of gun owning americans dream of having but cant, so they borrow/rent//pay dues at other clubs to be able to pull a trigger.
for those lurking, tomon came to one of my shoots last year with a group of guys from another website and got rained out due to a hurricane passing thru in oct.... of all things. they wanted to film some shooting to boost their website and celebrate the grand opening of their site. i offered my home to them and they came.
only 4 shot in between downpours and 7 never made connections at airports. the camper/rv never made it so camping fell thru.
i never really got a chance to give them my program, they opted out of dinner in town, all the day two events got poofed, and decided to just pop a few rounds, took back some of their clays, loaded up, and went to shoot in someones cow field and drank beer on sunday. i hope to see them again some day.
so id say weather killed the event, not distance or me, and i dont have any control over that.
my farm effects 2 kinds of people. either they are city slickers with their smart phones texting the whole time saying what in Gods name did i get myself into, or its country boys that feel right at home around the cows and tractors. :>

all i know is its mine, im your host, its here, its not some cheap hand cock flingers set up off my porch on a stool, its a by God professional range with clubhouse, im opening it up to you, all are welcome, and if you like it come back, if not... go meet in a holiday inn conference room on some interstate, drink beer, and talk about shooting. :> :>
the world shoot back in the 90's use to cost 1500.00 to register. took 6 flats of ammo, 8 bucks a practice game, it was 30 miles into town and on site food was offered by scalpers. 10.00 for a burger? really? local motels knew of the shoot and would jack the rates. when i think of all the millioneres that use to attend with their 300,000.00 rv's and gas costs to get there, i faint. most of them drove from the 4 corners, plus hawaii. thats california, maine, florida, and alaska to get to san antonio.... and didnt flinch.
let alone pulling out 50,000.00 shotguns too.
so all i can do is laugh at comparing what the premiums are to get to my place.

nope....my place is geared down.way down.
its suppose to be a retreat & a relaxing visit.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO