Just found this thread, after being on 24 Campfire for years, good to see others shooting stuff other than rifles and handguns.
I use to be a hunter, lots of trips out west, deer, elk, caribou, and all sorts of birds. About 18 years ago it dawned on me I enjoy shooting more than I did killing critters, today I can shoot 300 birds a day and I don't have to clean or eat them.
At 75, it's fun to get together with other old farts and enjoy a day shooting trap, skeet is for the girlyboys who enjoy dressing up in their pink to-tos and playing grab-ass while other are shooting. :>)
Can't do SC as I can't walk that far anymore, but I've done it a few times many years ago and it was very enjoyable.
I am one of those trap shooters that enjoys a custom fitted trap gun, took many guns to find the one I really liked, then a few more years to talk my self into buying one that cost more then many cars Iv'e owned, but at 75 with a good wife and good investments, I figured enjoy what you worked for, for one day down the road you're dead, then it's to late to worry about anything you did or bought.
I shoot about 9000 registered birds a year, and about that many practice, shoot both big and little shoots, and enjoy them all,
Good shooting to all that read this.

"The older I get, the better I was"