I started out as a skeet shooter in the early 70s and competed at registered events when in my mid teens. I tried SCs when it started to become popular and liked the idea that it was more like field shooting than skeet. I shot at some courses that I really liked where the targets were presented in some interesting angles, thru small openings in the tree canopy. Then the local SC range got into throwing some real long range targets and some unrealistic presentations that just annoyed me. I was doing a lot of bird hunting then and wanted realistic presentations. My scores were ok but I think I had a higher % of hits on real birds. I then got into rimfire benchrest and have done that for the past 15 years. I'm now getting back into skeet shooting with the retired guys from my club and it's all about just swinging a shotgun again and having fun with other shooters. I'm no longer interested in competing, just shooting as well as I can and hanging out with the other old guys. Nobody keeps score and everyone encourages and helps each other. It's fun! That's what I'm all about now. I've been there and done that with competition and now just want to relax and break a few clays. A friend wants me to shoot some SC and I probably will, but skeet is just fine for me right now.

Last edited by cooper57m; 05/29/15.