[Linked Image]

Sure doesn't seem like 25 years ago...and I cherish this picture, as I was standing in very good company...

I'm on the left, holding my Winchester Model 12 Trap Gun. This was the 16 yard event, and I missed my very first target out..

That's "Zip" Eaton in the center, from Helena, Montana. Zip was one of the best of the best. It was a real privledge to have him as a friend. He was a fierce competitor, even when he shot, and competed into his mid 70's. On his left, is Scott Levengood, from Kalispell, Montana. Scott was one of the best shooters to ever come out of Montana. He still holds many trap shooting records to this day. He was taken from us much too soon in his early 40's from cancer. Not many days go by without me thinking of the fun we had shooting together. On Scott's left is Missoula's Norm Jones. Norm was a master at the 16 yard line and walked away this day with first place after a great shoot off with the other lone 100 straight in AA. On my left is one the best friends I have in my life, Bill Beyl, from Bozeman, Montana. Bill is the most talented "shooter" I've ever known. Rifle, shotgun, pistol, bow, slingshot, it didn't seem to matter what weapon it was, he could pick it up, sight unseen, and make it work. Just about everything I know about shooting, Bill passed on to me..Bill was the first Trap Shooter from Montana complete a Grand Slam. That's 200 straight 16 yard, 100 straight doubles, and 100 straight from the 27 yard line.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]