Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Bullet hit below centerline on rib cage behind right shoulder.....

Took out both lungs and (I think) the top of the heart before exiting through the offside shoulder. Entire chest cavity was liquified, don't know how that buck ran like that but he did - for about 60 yds and literally fell over dead.

David

Because they will with lung hits....no matter what you use. There is no such thing as reliable DRT's with lung hits. The more game you shoot,the more you will see it.

Nice shot.

Bob,

Certainly I've shot a slew of deer and untold numbers of feral pigs that ran with lungs popped. I understand they do that.

I have just never seen destruction in the chest cavity like this before. Gutting the animal, the entire chest cavity was liquified, rolled over and it poured out! The buck literally stopped receiving oxygenated blood the instant the bullet hit.

The 60yds wasn't a full bore sprint. At the shot he hunched and jumped, bounced a couple times (mule deer bunny hops), then dropped into a fast walk/slow run up the rocky hill side till he fell over. I got back on him pretty quick and almost put another round in him, but I could see the blood pouring out his mouth and nose even at 6x and about 250yds.

David