Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I have to admit, I was totally wrong about these bullets

My early post is truly embarrassing for me

Coop,
With 34 pages now on the thread I'm not going to try to look up your earlier post, but I do have a question. Have you been doing some hunting with Scenars yourself that changed your mind or is it all the success posts here?
I am mostly in the latter camp as the success folks had convinced me to give them a try. Neither kill in my sample size of two was particularly challenging to the bullet but I am still thinking I'll keep using them.
Early on in the thread somebody asked the astute question "What would this thread look like if its title was 'Deceased by Partition'?" It'd be 1000 pages long is the answer. My take so far is the advantage of the Scenars is they are so very, very, accurate, have excellent BCs, and they kill pretty darn good when they get there. Since bullet placement is 90% (or more) of the problem, that's a real vote for the Scenar based on those first two attributes.

So, what were the factors in changing your mind?

Cheers,
Rex

This thread has completely changed my mind. I have not used them myself. I have a hunt next year for Mule deer in Montana and I think Scenars will be my bullet.

Early on in this thread, I made a regrettable post comment saying it was "dumb to use a target bullet for game", and now I have not only bought some of those bullets but, I'm going to use them on an expensive out of state hunt next year. That is full circle thinking, LOL