Originally Posted by sidepass
I too struggle with some of their policies. I too support them because theres not much to support our cause.

A commonly held POV. Since my cause is liberty with guns rights being one of many parts of that the NRA's overall antipathy to liberty makes them unacceptable. Those who see gun rights as separate from other rights or see gun rights as central with other rights as peripheral don't understand.

“…the portion of liberty enjoyed in England is just enough to enslave a country more productively than by despotism, and that as the real object of all despotism is revenue, a government so formed obtains more than it could do either by direct despotism, or in a full state of freedom, and is, therefore on the ground of interest, opposed to both. They account also for the readiness which always appears in such governments for engaging in wars by remarking on the different motives which produced them. In despotic governments wars are the effect of pride; but in those governments in which they become the means of taxation, they acquire thereby a more permanent promptitude.”
--Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man