Ok, I surely haven't read all the Posts here. Sorry, but doubt any to change my view of the NRA! Life member since 1958... Really. Endowment Member presently! And disgusted.

There's a general proposition seeming ever true. Power corrupts and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Wayne La Pierre, has been in power of the NRA since early nineties. That alone is ridiculous! "Fresh blood", also more than just a saying. Folks in power getting entrenched, even the better folks; generally bad. La Pierre's self centered management of the NRA, his accumulation of heel clicking staff participating in management 'his' style; a "regime". Well known, gross misuse of funds for personal purposes such as family travel essentially exotic vacations; super multi-million dollar retirement package; wielding power to maintain absolute control. He's about done it all as 'us' -myself included - ignoring all the signs. Most of us wanting to continue to believe; moreover what other organization as alternative? "THE NRA", simply the pinnacle of gun control opposition... But needing to add "at a price". The price as disclosed strong inferences of corruption, instantly too high. A corrupt organization, hardly any kind of flagship for Constitutional rights!

I personally stopped supporting NRA better part of twenty years ago. Then, a wait and see position. Expecting new management and clean sweep. Never happening! My last contribution as I became a Benefactor Member. Not a penny since. The problem inherent. La Pierre as so ingrained himself in the NRA, the reputation of the organization, largely an extension of the La Pierre "persona". Inseparable. And there he sits yet today. There should be a grass roots movement to oust him with a plan for worthy replacement at hand. Someone well known and respected; possibly retired military flag officer. Most important, a man who can communicate with both sides of the aisle; miraculously without compromising virtue!

My choice to assume NRA Command: Admiral McRaven, up from the ranks as Navy Seal, to Four Star retirement! Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc

Instead of sitting, howling about NRA failed leadership, or seeming worse to me, blinding ignoring... Do something! Here, I'm suggesting. Maybe YOU can do better! At eighty years, myself passing the torch! smile

Best & Stay Safe.
John