During the exit interview meeting after I had given two weeks notice of my retirement, my manager told me that I had a job with the company for however long I wanted to work there. Careful financial planning allowed me to retire two years before age 66 which was the government mandated retirement age. Retirement is the best job I've ever had. As regards two weeks notice, I have always given two weeks notice of leaving a job and the employer has allowed me to work the two weeks. I have seen instances where employers ask the employee to leave upon giving notice feeling that little productive work would get done in the two weeks and it sould have a negative impact on the morale of the remaining employees. In the case of a layoff, I have been walked out the door at the conclusion of the notification meeting. Two employers were even big enough dirtbags that termination my employment was not enough. One stopped payment on my final paycheck and the other called unemployment and told them some kind of lie that delayed my ability to collect unemployment. In neither case was I terminated for cause, just due to personality conflicts in spite of my best efforts to satisfy them.

Last edited by gunswizard; 01/30/16.