All my life I gave a notice. Sometimes two weeks and other times a month, depending how important my duties were to the company. Some here may remember me posting about the company where I was working last year. Payroll checks were bouncing, creditors were not getting paid, and the owner was double gouging by get money from the bank on items shipped at the time an order came in when we didn't have any material. The owner of the building was a friend. He told me the first rent check bounced. The metal supply store owner told me the first check she received was written on a closed account. Since I didn't need the job I was enjoying myself with all the soap opera foolishness. I was working in the grinding room working with industrial knives. There was an constant chance of getting cut. It was kind of an on going saga. By reading over the shoulder of the HR lady after hours I discovered the owner let the workman's compensation laps. I told her, "I won't be here tomorrow. I'm quitting." And that was that.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter