"You must remember that Elmer didn't have the $$ to hunt Africa-period.Both of his big African safaris were paid for by others-otherwise he would have never been able to go."
<br>
<br>I know that very well -- well enough that I don't need to be reminded of it. I'm afraid you've misread what I wrote, NONE of which was any kind of a put-down of Elmer's experience. As Elmer was preparing for his first Africa trip in 1957, I gave him 300 once-fired FA Match cases for his .333 OKH and arranged for the use of a good camera for the trip. He was GOING to go on safari without a camera. The thought still horrifies me. As it turned out, another friend, equally horrified, provided Elmer with a camera before I could get the Rollei from my father-in-law and turn it over to Elmer.
<br>
<br>Just sold my last Buhmiller premium barrel blank at a gun show in New Mexico. Had a carefully selected top-grade Buhmiller on the .35 Whelen that Iver Henriksen built for me in 1956 and 1957 -- my son has the rifle now. It's the rifle that Ken Waters used for his first "Pet Loads" work-up on the .35 Whelen.
<br>
<br>My old sourdough friend Jack McPhee was a long-time close friend of Floyd Butler (whom I never met) and held both Butler and his work in the highest regard. I'd assume that a Floyd Butler rifle with a Buhmiller barrel would be hard to equal, virtually impossible to beat.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.