Fyre:
Looks like a great set-up. That last field looks big enough for a profit!
Kinda of woodsy for OK? Haven't seen much of it-just the NE corner. Son did some commercial wiring down there, I think at a military base a year ago, and liked it.

I have had the best luck with buckwheat as an summer annual (turn down in fall). But that is here. They hit it harder than clover, rye/wheat, trefoil or oats. Oats seemed to puke with the hard frost. They scrape snow to get the rye/wheat during rifle.

Miles:
I get field (annual) rye at the local co-op. It was 10.50 for a 50# bag of seed...the same as winter wheat. They are interchangeable for me as a fall planting. Down on river bottom here, so if the corporate habitat erasers up above are planting winter wheat, then I do rye. Deer like a change...:) Winter peas are a buck a pound, so I go something like 10-1 mix, just enough to give them one more reason to stop in. I mix in a little of the cheapest clover I can get for a nitrogen fix and to have some protein going in the spring. That all sounds more industrious than it is, and it doesn't always happen every year...

fwiw

Defend the Constitution