FyrepowrX and Rockchucker - those are some nice fields. And believe me, I know that a lot of work went into those for sure.

Here's one of the 6 we've been working this year:

Memorial Day weekend after cutting/pulling/digging/chopping Black Locust and spraying a 2% glyphosate mix - "We killed everything!":

[Linked Image]

Wrong!!! July 4th weekend the Black Locust is back with a vengeance because 1) We disturbed them and made them mad, and 2) Even better, we killed off their competition.

[Linked Image]

Fast forward to 9/17, and after mowing, another round of glyphosate, mowing, ANOTHER round of glyphosate and Crossbow, mowing, chisel plowing, and disking twice, somehow we've managed to start raising a pretty nice stand of brassica. There's a pile of Black Locust roots the chisel plow pulled up behind me in the pic that's the size of a Peterbuilt.

[Linked Image]

In gymnastics, they call the balance beam the Devil's apparatus. In nature, the Devil's apparatus has got to be Black Locust. Black Locust has a relatively small native range, and unfortunately my club is pretty much right in the middle of it.

We have 5 other fields like this one going on the mountain. For some weird reason I really enjoy messing around with food plotting. Otherwise, I probably would have thrown my hands up in disgust and given up in June - just like every other one of the club guys who've tried it in the past 20 years.