I don't expect help from anyone except members of my party. Nor would it occur to me to consider other people lazy and/or greedy for not offering to do so. I WOULD consider it selfish on my part to expect such help.

Looking back I can only think of one case where others helped me pack my elk out but that was in return for me helping to pack out one of theirs.

This year I hunted elk with Daughter #1, a rather petite lady, and later in the week with Dave, my long time hunting buddy who had stated last year he "couldn't do it any more" due to diabetes-related physical conditions. As a result we hunted only where we could pack it out ourselves (i.e. close to the road) or where we knew we could hire a pack service (i.e. Iles Mountain).

We knew where there were elk on public land but there was no point hunting it if we couldn't get the elk out. Other people have more important things to do than help pack out our elk. If we shoot it it is our problem.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.