I just thought of a slightly different twist on this! About 12 or so years ago, we were hunting deer in the Big Horns about 15 miles west of Buffalo. Earlier in the evening,while watching a clearing, we watched a father and his teenage son (elk hunting) pass by us. We saw no deer, but, watched a group of elk move into our opening. There were several bulls, one of which, was a real nice bull. At last shooting light, we saw the father/son duo approaching us. We got their attention(by flashing a light at them), they saw the elk and the boy got his first elk. Much nicer than anything that I'd ever taken. They had no lights, no camera, and no equipment for packing. We took the pictures, held lights and helped field dress. When we got the pictures processed, we sent them to the hunters (from Buffalo). We never got so much as a Thank You!!! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024