I generally hunt alone or with my wife. I don't expect help from anyone and would never ask unless I was injured between the time I got the animal down and when it came time to pack out.

However, I would help anyone who asked or looked like they needed it.

On one occasion my wife and I were having lunch on a Sunday afternoon in a tiny little wide spot in the road cafe. An older gentleman came in looking for a mechanic. He said he had a moose down 4 miles in, not too far off a 4 wheeler trail and his wheeler was broke. He had his bike on a trailer. Everyone assured him he'd not find a mechanic on Sunday. I offered to take my ATV in and get his moose. I even assured him I didn't want any meat. I just didn't want to see him lose his moose to spoilage(it was still warm out) or bears because his wheeler was down. It was early enough I could have had the bull out before sundown.

He flat refused. Said he could never accept that kind of charity. I said okay and we headed to our favorite spot.

I looked hard for a game warden to report it. No one in that situation would turn down help unless they had a sub legal bull down. I never did find a warden but I'm as certain as can be he had an illegal moose down and didn't want anyone finding out.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.