Last year,I met two guys riding in just starting to hunt. I had already killed a cow and was packing it out.I told them go peek over the ridge about 300yards away.They did and sure enough they killed a cow right there.That was in ML season. In rifle season,there were four hunters back packing in plus two of one fellows kids.I told that guy I would pack the kids bull out if they got one.However, the one boy and his sister went to town and that day his father shot a really nice bull.
Since there were four guys to pack that bull out I went on my way, but the kid was sure disappointed when he got back that he went to town because his dad had told him he would get first shot at a bull should they see one.

I have packed several a youngster's animals out or lent them a mule to do it.If person is in a bind ,I don't mind helping, but as mentioned above, everyone is your friend if you are leading two pack mules.
Most NR's are not aware that a person without an outfitters license can not accept money to do this. I have sure had quite few hunters beg me though to pack their elk out for several hundred dollars.

Where I hunt the going rate for an outfitter to pack and elk out is $400

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles