I hunt fairly close distances in heavy brush most of the time.

I sold off several guns that I'd used for a long time so my specific bullets have changed a bit though the theme is the same.

In handgun, I am shooting 250 grain home cast SWCs in my .44 magnums. I currently have my .454 sighted in for the magnum version of the Hornady XTP.

(With a previous .44 with an oversized bore I shot .433" LBT 300 grain WLNGC to avoid leading. In .41 mag I used RCBS 210 grain SWCs. I'm still ramping up to shoot deer with a .38-40 Buckeye Special. I may use Beartooth .402" 200s or I may order my own mold for slightly heavier bullets.)

In muzzleloader, I used a 245 grain .45 cal TC maxi ball from a Lyman mold last fall.

(In the past I shot mostly PRB from a TC .58, but I sold that. I may try PRB in the .45 "soon" ... next time I draw a tag, about 3 years from now.)

In centerfire rifle, which is probably what you were really asking about, I like partitions. Most of my shooting is at relatively short range and I often have a black bear tag in my pocket since our seasons for both overlap. I just picked up 500 .25 caliber 120 grain partitions for my .257 Roberts. It kills the crap out of stuff without the blowup I got from the 110 grain accubonds.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...