My experience has all been excellent. I used Hornady Spire Point Interlocks’s in my .30-06 exclusively for years, 165 grainers for deer and 180’s for elk, also used 130’s in a .270. They always expanded and almost all were pass throughs. I had a 165 grain come apart on a deer’s spine when hit from sharply above at about 75 yards, but not before taking out 4” of spine and making total hamburger of both lungs so I’ve no complaints about that – that dear was extremely DRT. A very big cow elk hit quartering through the chest at about 220 yards from the 180 was also DRT and just dropped straight down dead. The farthest any deer or elk ever ran was maybe 40 yards from a good chest hit and most dropped a lot sooner.

A couple of the 130 grainers hit a deer’s chest broadside at impact velocities of 3100-3200 fps and even though they expanded down almost to the base they stayed together. They were little perfectly mushroomed nubs found under the far side skin but they stayed together and pulverized the lungs.

I would not be the least bit concerned to use them for hunting any cervidae on the planet and most any other non-dangerous game as well.

They are my practice bullet of choice and my storage shelves show about 90% red boxes with a few green ones here and there. Hopefully Hornady will not totally discontinue the style but if they do the Obama shortages have learned me to stockpile a bunch of each of my favorite calibers and weights.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!