Originally Posted by Tejano
No experience with the 220s but I suspect they were designed as a woods bullet for the 06 and 08. I have only shot the 160 6.5s at paper but they also get mixed reviews so no idea why. On the SSTs I have seen some where the interlok is almost non existent but haven't sectioned enough to see if this is the norm or an isolated case.

BC30cal was pushing the 220 at 2615 fps. At 125 yards that equates to 2258 fps when it hit the moose. .30-06 can push it 2450 to 2500 fps, and at 125 yards, it's running 2152 fps if started at 2500 fps. The deer he shot at 75 yards would have it going 2392 fps.

As for mixed reviews, I have to laugh. Several times, I've looked up threads on bullets for terminal performance and several posters will swear up and down with opposite experiences. Makes things about as clear as mud and it doesn't help that bullet manufacturers make changes over the years without telling anyone about it. Of course, some bad experiences can be easily diagnosed. Read one thread where a guy was perplexed a Hot Cor bullet was too destructive when he shot a deer at less than 100 yards with his 300 RUM ... This one with the Hornady 220 puzzles me though.