I have used the 165 and 180 interlock with great results in the 30-06 for many years. The 165 is about the best whitetail bullet going, there is usually little doubt upon impact and I've yet to recover one from handful I've shot into deer. Expansion is always reliable from 20-250 yds.

The 180 is also a gem. They used to have a ring just above the cannelure (middle bullet), this has since disappeared about 7 years ago (new production on left). These kinds of changes are frustrating as they introduce doubt.The only 180 I have recovered is pictured on the right. I found it while skinning a coastal brown bear that squared about 9'. It was shot broadside at about 80 yards, a smidge further back than I anticipated. It weighs 135 grains, so 75% weight retention. Not too shabby for a cheap bullet. The 180 partitions that I have recovered from bears have usually weighed less as the front core is more prone is separate. I still like the 180 partition, just dont think the interlock gives up much when pushed at 30-06 velocities. I have also used the 180 on deer and pigs, no surprises, they work on them too.

[Linked Image]

I have some 150 interlocks I plan on using in a 760 for whitetail next. Also plan on trying the 130 grain in a 270 slowed a bit from factory velocities. Across the board they have been consistently accurate in the calibers I've tried (.22 50 gr, .257 100 gr,.277 100 gr, .284 139 and 154 gr, .308 150, 165 and 180 gr, .358 200 gr, .375 300 gr RN and BTSP). The XTP pistol bullets are also excellent imo. I guess you could say that I'm a Hornady fan. Only negative is their brass is so-so.

Im slowly moving over to TSX's but the only other "cheap" bullet in the same league is the Federal Fusion.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's