Well, I had a good day at the bow shop and ended up bringing home the crossbow I went after. I spent the better part of 4 to 5hrs shooting a good variety of their crossbows and this Ravin R15 won it hands down for me! The Ravin was way more user friendly when it came to cocking and loading the bolt. Ravin is definitely balanced good and a lot less cumbersome to handle compared to the others also, in my opinion. The scope or optics seem fairly decent and I think will get me through at least my 1st hunting season but I may look into better optics in the future. I also purchased some rubber limb dampeners and installed them on the limbs to try to help deaden the xbow when it fires some and for sound. Yes ... these xbows are louder than your standard compound but everyone I shot today was comparable to the next. I actually thought the TenPoint Carbon RDX was a lot louder than this Ravin R15. Now, for the trigger ... WOW! That's all I can say ... WOW! The trigger on the Ravin is super crisp and smooth. The trigger on the TenPoint absolutely stinks compared to the Ravin! Lol. Or any other crossbow I shot today. I just came in from the backyard and I'm easily hitting the 3" dot on my target at 60yds standing and shooting freehand. I contribute a lot of that to the sweet trigger on it! Anyway, super excited to go through the fall and take my 1st deer with a crossbow or even put my 10yr old son on a nice deer with it. I'll keep you guys informed the more I get to use it and my thoughts. Ravin R15 all the way!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD