Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I'm also open to suggestions on broadheads for my crossbow, if anyone knows what might shoot good out of it??? I am currently shooting the solid 1piece machined G5 Montecs from my current compound setup and really like them. Might try similar with my Ravin.

I have killed deer with 2 blade Zwickeys, 2 inch rages, 3 blade Muzzy trocars, 3 blade NAP thunderheads and 4 blade NAP crossfires. All worked just fine. half of the deer were shot through the heart. The rest were equally well hit.

I was very surprised to see the lung damage on two identical hits with the 4 blade NAPs produced quite noticeably more lung damage (both were center lung double lung hits). My wife who holds the light when I am gutting made note of the damage as soon as I opened the chest. Both deer went almost identical distance after the shot. Both deer started heavy bleeding much sooner. Both deer were reduced to a wobbly walk by 20 yards. Both deer went a little less distance than I averaged with other heads. I bough more of them and will shoot moredeer with them this year in the hope that I see more of the same and that those two were not just coincidence which I consider a good possibility.