Like others there are few rounds out there that interest me that I have not owned or own at present.. Most of the new short rounds have no appeal what so ever. The 6.5 Creed and what have you are fine I guess if you shoot a lot of paper.. They don't interest me in the least or they would be in the safe.. Unlike lastround, the 7mags. and .300's would be the last calibers to leave my safe if I am going to hunt big game.. I find the .270 more useful since once i picked up a rifle that was built to my liking.. I carry it a lot for coyotes, chucks, maybe a shot at a wolf or black bear.. I once ask my grandfather what rifle would he buy if he were getting a new one.. I ask that to all the hunters I met.. He was the only one that said, "one like I have.". I have that old 06 plus a couple more.. I can say I like the rifles I have.. If there was one burning a hole in my heart, it would be here.. Too bad Moose, I have a 99 in .250.. My late wife's fathers.. We shot a few head of game with it, and put it in the safe.. If it were not for family ties, it would have been long gone with the rest of the 99's....

Molon Labe