Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I had a R1 3-12x56 which is a tremendous lowlight scope..It was second plane with a 4k reticle. My brother owns it now and is very impressed with it.

Meopta is going to have great customer service and I will leave it at that. I believe the ERi has to be sent back to Europe for repair, the ER5 is made in the states probably by Meopta. grin

OEK, I currently have a R1 3-12X56 in the 1st focal plane. I really like the scope besides being a 1st focal plane optic. I have a few small scratches on the objective lens apparently I was hunting and there was dirt, dust, debris and I wiped it with my sleeve and apparently left some marks on the lens. The marks cannot be felt with your fingernail nor be seen when looking through the scope. I called Meopta customer service because I wanted to get this issue repaired as I was planning to sell the scope (to replace with a 2nd focal plane R1 or ERI) and figured this would bring down the value significantly. The guy there told me the scope would have to be sent back to Europe and didn't seem like he suggested that or interested in helping me do that. Once I pushed the issue he then told me he has seen it take 6-8 months for people to get scopes back that have been sent to Europe for repairs. His suggestion to me was attempt to clean the lens first with windex (which I did with no resolve) and second to put Acetone on the lens. I am not sure I want to chance putting Acetone on my $1000 scope.

Any suggestions??

Randall

Who did you talk to in CS? Where did you buy the scope? Are the Coatings scratched or is the glass just really dirty?

Acetone will not harm the lense, if it is scratched it will not fix the issue.

They 30mm stuff gets sent back to Czech republic for repair, they usually replace the scope so the customer doesn't have to wait that long. I will give you an example of their service. I purchased a 7x56 scope from Fleabay a few years back. The dishonest seller never told me that it had a cracked turret. I sent it into Meopta and they told me they stopped making that scope. I was offered pretty much any of their 30mm scopes and or 1" scopes .

I do not remember the guys name. It was a young guy I remember that because I remember thinking to myself that I was talking to a typical millennial that just didn't want to be bothered with doing his job.

I bought the scope from a local gun shop here in New Orleans called Puglias. They mounted the scope on my rifle and I left without the box. When I realized a week or so later that I did not get the box I returned and asked for the box and they told me it had been thrown away as they always do with the empty boxes when I customer doesn't ask to keep it.

I assume its is very thin fine scratches. I've tried to clean it with a cloth and then with windex and a rag and its still there. I would love to be able to have it repaired or replaced but i'm not willing to be without the scope on my favorite rifle for 6-8 months. I never pursued the issue any farther because you can't see the scratches when looking thru the scope, it just bothers me knowing they're there. Once I get the ERI or R1 illuminated 2nd focal plane I plan to replace it with I will most likely send it off then and sell it once its repaired unless for some reason they decide to replace it with "my scope of choice".

Randall