Originally Posted by jimmyp
if Kahles was still importing their decent hunting scopes I would buy one of those, I tried and eurooptic cancelled the order on me as they could not get anymore. I just probably will get a 2-12 VX-6, I have one in 1-6 and despite its trip back to the factory its fine for deer hunting on a black rifle and there is no doubt about the reticle. Sorry for the thread hijack, I did evaluate a Meostar R1 about a year ago, the 56 mm objective scope was very good better than anything else I owned, but that reticle was almost 2moa, not a "happy medium".

What reticle on the Meopta are you speaking of? Was it a 1st or 2nd focal plane?

I just purchased a new Leica ERI in 3-12x50. Haven't had much time to play with it yet but just looking the scope in my house I wasn't really impressed with the illumination. Even looking against a dark object the illuminated dot seemed to have to be turned up almost to full power to be really noticeable.

I currently have a nonilluminated R1 3-12X56 with the duplex reticle in the 1st focal plane and i really like the scope beside the 1st focal plane. I'm considering buying one thats an illuminated #4 in the second focal plane to compared it to the Leica and if i really like it use it to replace my other Meopta.