If I find a rifle that I like and it proves it will shoot well I really like to put it in a lighter weight synthetic stock. I've tried several over the years, but an Edge is the easiest route and by keeping my eyes open have bought 3 of them used at good prices. They are on current rifles I own. I've never found an aftermarket stock to improve accuracy, but I've never found it to be worse either. At least compared to factory synthetic. I've seen aftermarket synthetics dramatically improve consistency compared to wood which expands and contracts changing POI as the seasons change.

My primary goal is weight reduction. I can knock anywhere from 1/2-3/4 lb off a rifles weight, but I also think they look and fit me better.

I also have 3 Ruger American's that I paid under $400 for out the door. I haven't seen any aftermarket stocks for them yet that I'd consider an upgrade.

I did replace the trigger on an older 700 that proved it would drop the firing pin without pulling the trigger. But that was only done for safety issues. Other than that I leave mine pretty much alone.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.