Jerry,
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Thanks Jerry, I still feel very fortunate to have had the chance to meet and hunt with Finn!

Agreed on the "time" factor, as well. Sometimes all a guy has time to do (especially with the big, mature animals) is shoot, not fart around with rangefinders and what not!

Well I'm not completely left out.

I have an autographed picture of Charlton Heston from the NRA. grin
and

I have a signed Nosler # 7 Handloading Manual by our own Mule Deer ( J B ). However I told him I thot his Grandkid scribbled in it. whistle , smile I am glad to have it.

I've hunted WT for over 40 yrs and 'some' times I've had plenty opportunity to watch and plan shots at both doe's and bucks.

Other times it's a matter of shoot NOW or lose the chance.

Those are the reasons I feel the same as our Dear Departed brother **BobinNH **who said, "I like the long legged cartridges"!!

I stated in another thread recently, Flat Trajectory is never a handicap. OTOH .......

Jerry

Jerry, my hunting is almost all in the woods and while I spent plenty of time with the .270 and .30-06 in hand I've mostly been shooting game at 50 yards or even less which has led me back to the cartridges of my youth. Right now I also do not have a hunting trip gun since last November I handed my son my .30-06 . I believe I'm going to remedy that here shortly by investing in a .308 . Already have a Leupold laying around so I'll be good to go.