Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

From the AP newsarticle:

A Canadian sniper has beat the record for the longest confirmed kill in military history....
This smashed the last record set by a Briton Craig Harrison, who killed a Taliban soldier with a 338 Lapua Magnum rifle at a range of 8,120 feet(1.54 miles)...

Such sniper records that are revealed to the general public do not take into account sniper achievements conducted during clandestine
ultra sensitive off the record operations...ie; illegal ops and sniper records the public will never be told about.

Certain people I spoke with about 2009 Harrison record didn't think it was anything new or ground breaking as far as actual '"longest shot''
is concerned. but in the narrow category of permissibly released confirmed sniper kills go, it did set a record.

I remember some naive clown who told me how much he knew about the secret ops of spec.forces because he read books written by
X SAS and X SEAL members....LOL..... the same kind of person that would automatically believe that the limited allowable sniper kill
data released to the public must be representative of the longest shot record in sniper history.....yeh right... whistle

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.