Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So, the Earth's rotation is a factor that needs to be calculated for at that range???

In 5-10 seconds, depending on the load and distance, the earth WILL rotate enough to make a difference.

Just think of the MOA factor at 3700 yards... MOA at 1000 is about 10 inches.... 37 inches at that distance. Vitals not more than 12 inches wide if that really... for perfect dope and perfect hold which is not possible, you have to day in and day out be shooting 1/3 MOA groups....

Yep, damn good swag but still a lucky shot. Regardless of what ding has to say. Needless to say the person he is talking about in his quote I met and spoke with and have shot a fair amount with his son.....

Jeff do you follow the KO2M matches? They start on the 27th I believe. Those guys are doing some amazing shooting at extreme long ranges...

Just had time finally.. well with Emil coaching wind I dont' think they could have asked for more. Emil is a great shooter and a great coach. Enjoyed my time around him at Perry for more than a few years!!! Just a great guy.

Now for all the SOBs claiming no luck... look the smallest group was 17x22... 17 tall works for a torso, but 22 wide... IIRC, well there is a miss in there... and it was only a 3 shot group.... Just saying... of course a few other shooters here know the luck involved in a first round kill on that shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....